Hellas Transalp Forum

Bine ati venit prieteni Romani

Ταξιδευτής · 219357

Offline CheGuevara

• Έλα μωρή οδηγάρα που έγινες και
  • Rossi και πάνω !
  • Ηasta la Victoria Siempre
Reply #250 on: Δευτέρα 20 Απρίλιος 2015, 19:34:21 μμ
Μπράβο και στον Κώστα και στον Φώτη. Άξιοι εκπρόσωποι την ελληνικής φιλοξενίας! :eusa_clap:

Κι αν πτωχική την βρεις, η Ιθάκη δεν σε γέλασε.
Έτσι σοφός που έγινες, με τόση πείρα,
ήδη θα το κατάλαβες η Ιθάκες τι σημαίνουν.

Offline dengrafiforum

• Rossi και πάνω !
  • the dark side is here!!
Reply #251 on: Τρίτη 21 Απρίλιος 2015, 06:58:46 πμ
Για αυτό ανήκω σε αυτό το κλαμπ.Μπράβο σε όλα!!!
Όσο υπάρχουν άνθρωποι..... :eusa_clap:

Offline KostasC

• Administrator
  • Rossi και πάνω !
  • Γαβ !
    • HTC
Reply #252 on: Παρασκευή 24 Απρίλιος 2015, 16:30:37 μμ
Πολύ μπροστά οι εκδρομές των Ρουμάνων.  :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:

Πάρτε μια γεύση απο το Μαρόκο
http://www.heavyduties.ro/rideon/2014/10/15/moroccan-adventures-2014

και εμείς εδώ... :eusa_whistle: :sleeping:

Offline gnik

• Μέλος HTC
  • Απλός οδηγός
    • Jeeping
Reply #253 on: Παρασκευή 24 Απρίλιος 2015, 16:57:05 μμ
Κοιταμε που υστερει το σαλπ σε σχεση με τον ανταγωνισμο ........

Offline tasosbob

• Οδηγάρα
Reply #254 on: Παρασκευή 24 Απρίλιος 2015, 18:03:44 μμ
Μπραβο στο Κωστα και τον Φωτη για την αψογη φιλοξενια,δεν πιστευω να εχουν ξαναζησει τετοια πουθενα αλλου!!!!!!

Offline Καψιώτης....

• Μέλος HTC
  • Rossi και πάνω !
Reply #255 on: Σάββατο 25 Απρίλιος 2015, 11:03:49 πμ
Ότι κι αν πω θα είναι λίγο !!!
Αρκούμε να πω μπράβο στον Κώστα και στον Φώτη !!!
Σαν μέλος του Club να τους ευχαριστήσω !!!

Αγάλια-αγάλια, ντραϊλίζουμι....

Offline Airhead

• Trollάρεις δεν trollαρεις ο καιρός περνάει...
  • Rossi και πάνω !
Reply #256 on: Σάββατο 25 Απρίλιος 2015, 11:50:16 πμ
Πολύ μπροστά οι εκδρομές των Ρουμάνων.  :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:

Πάρτε μια γεύση απο το Μαρόκο
http://www.heavyduties.ro/rideon/2014/10/15/moroccan-adventures-2014

και εμείς εδώ... :eusa_whistle: :sleeping:

Α δεν έχεις δίκιο. Περιπέτεια δεν είναι να πας στο Μαρόκο ή στο Λύκαιο. Περιπέτεια πραγματική είναι να πας στον Καρατζά, να ξεκωλι@στείς στο φαί, να συζητάς πόσο χωματερό είναι το ΤΑ και το σασπένς να παίζεται στο ποιος θα πάθει ανακοπή στο γυρισμό, χωνεύοντας πάνω στη μοτό.  ;D

TEAM Αϊστοπαμπωλ

Offline Ramona

• οδηγός τρίκυκλου
Reply #257 on: Δευτέρα 27 Απρίλιος 2015, 20:46:54 μμ
Hello everyone!
I want to start by thanking Kostas and Fotis for their hospitality. They took us “under their wing” once we arrived in Peloponnese, although they didn’t know much about us, and we are very grateful to them.

We had been planning a visit to Peloponnese in December but soon realized that no matter how South Europe you go, winter is still winter and it would have been a pity to not be able to go up in your beautiful mountains because of snow.
Taking advantage of the Easter holyday and the free time we could take from work, and encouraged by the comments on the forum about the beauty of the Peloponnese by spring time, we gathered our friends and we were ready to go.
So the story of our motorbike adventure starts on the 10th of April, actually it is the car adventure that starts on the 10th. We all left work a bit early, got the bikes on the trailers and excited we set a meeting point in the heart of Romania, as we are all scattered throughout the country. The plan is to drive all night and day and arrive at Kostas in Kyparissia just before the midnight of 11 and maybe join Kostas and his family for church.

Of course the plans we made home didn’t hold for long once we were on the road. Some people were late because they couldn’t leave work, then we were sleepy and then we were hungry. 26 hours later, and 1:00 am we arrived at Kyparissia, just in time for Kostas to arrive from church and to welcome us in his family olive garden and home.

We had a delicious traditional Easter dinner organized for us by Kostas’s family which we were very grateful for accompanied by wine and accommodation. I have to admit that we felt a bit shy, worried that we could be an inconvenience, and hope we did not disturbed too much everyone in the house, because 11 people can be much at the one time. For us it was a very nice experience. Thank you so much!

In the morning we tried to wake up as soon as possible and leave before we could bother Kostas and his family too much again, but it took us again one hour to get everything and everyone back to the bikes. Kostas’s wife prepared for us a table with some delicious traditional cakes and cookies this time and I don’t know about others but I enjoyed a few. mmmm! So delicious!

In a record time we got everything on bikes, moto equipment on us, made photos with Koastas’s family and the sacrificed goat, took the maps Fotis and Kostas bought for us and we were on our way!

First stop Neda River and the waterfalls on Neda River. Awesome tracks and beautiful sceneries. Everywhere we look everything is green and there are so many flowers. I am really impressed by the colors of spring here. Even on tarmac is great and there is not much traffic. It’s like the roads are opened just for us.

We stopped on Neda for a walk to the waterfalls. All but Alex, which had a little problem with oil dripping from our KTM. It seems we had a crack in the rear cylinder cover, a present from the previous owner. So while we were admiring the beautiful waterfalls and the canyon on the Neda River he was getting the bike fixed.

Just as Alex fixed the KTM, Luci started hearing a noise and feeling the frame of his SuperTenere “elastic” and “twisting” a lot. After checking each part of the bike bit by bit he found a crack in the frame, from one side to the other, opened!
Well what can we do? We kept on riding, hoping we can find in a village or town somewhere, someone with a welding machine to help us. Unfortunately we didn’t.

Today we got to see Apollo’s temple and also had a great view over the mountains and valleys from up there.
We rode until late evening for our first day and slept near an olive garden, 30km from Megalopoli. We also called Fotis to give him the big news and hoped he can help us, cause we don’t live anyone behind.

On the 12th of April we woke up feeling refreshed and ready for some welding in Kalamata.
Here we met Fotis, who was so so nice in helping us with a welding machine. And, in the second day of Easter, Alex and Luci were welding a 10mm and a 22mm wrench on the SuperTenere frame in front of Fotis’s apartment building while the rest of us were enjoying coffee, spanakopita and icecream on Kalamata’s see side.
Later, around 13:00, the guys arrived! We were so happy. Everything was ok. But I had a dilemma. 2 of KTM 950, looking exactly the same, which one was my prince charming?  ??? Oki, not exactly the same. We have orange frame and Fotis has black frame.  ;D

Back to the mountains we went with Fotis as our leader this time. Once we left Kalamata, the road was very beautiful and took us up. So close to the sea and up in the mountains. The view was breathtaking.

We really loved how close the mountains to the sea are in Peloponnese. How steep are the slops and clear and blue is the sea.
I think the photos can talk for themselves, better than me.

We also tried to reach Rindomo Gorge from Pigadia. We did an almost 2h walk up and down the river bed and climb up and down some rocks without reaching the narrow part of the canyon. A bit disappointing. By the end of our week in Peloponnese we will come to find out we were 100m from it when we abandoned hope.

Just before reaching our camping spot for this evening, our friend Maca had a flat tire and we had to stop and fix it, but it was on a beautiful gorge on the road to Sparti. And just as we were waiting a truck full of oranges passes by. We started cheering the oranges! Last year in April we were eating 10kilos of oranges each day in Morocco with the same gang. So the driver stops the truck and ends up giving us one crate of oranges free or charge, he doesn’t want to accept any payment. We were happy like children, running to grab some oranges.

On our way to the camping spot we get to see a glimpse of Mystras and Sparti at sunset, sadly we don’t have time to visit everything.
Fotis had for us a perfect place for camping or sleeping inside for those who didn’t wish to camp. It was this small church near a valley in the Taygetos.

We had a flat spot for the tents and water, tables and also chairs. In the evening we made a little fire and Fotis with Sergiu went to town to get bear and wine. The biggest surprise was Fotis bringing back, for all of us greek food, pita, souvlaki and tzatziki, his treat. It was so sooo good. I am not a meat eater, but I ate it and loved it  Thank you so very much Fotis! Hopefully we can do the same for you someday.
We sat around the fire, talked and laughed until late in the night.

The 14th of April and we are going in the Taygetos. Lots and lots of beautiful roads today, going up and down the mountain.

We were having a lot of fun, especially the drivers, when the road suddenly stops. An avalanche has broken the road and a lot of old snow was now covering it, so we had to return and take another. We were excited to see it. We all climbed on it and wonder how it would be to try and go over it. Impossible probably, but fun to try :D
Because Fotis was with us we didn’t want to look like savages, so we left the avalanche and went back.

Now is Fotis’s time to have a flat tire, a front one. Because we are always in a hurry to see and do a lot of things and we don’t have time for everything, each time someone has a flat tire three people help and the rest of us are eating and making sandwiches. We are like a too big family 
The descent from Taygetos to Kardamyli is pretty spectacular with steep slops again and lots of curves, with the sea opening at our right. I wish we had some time for trekking around here.

In Kardamyli we stop for a greek coffee, orange pie and to say goodbye to Fotis, who in the short time he spent with us got to be a part of the gang. We had a lot of fun together and we are very happy to have met him.

Fotis, you are expected in the Romanian forests and mountains! Bring along Kostas 

Offline makisl

• νέος οδηγός
  • Οδηγός Κύκλωπα
Reply #258 on: Δευτέρα 27 Απρίλιος 2015, 21:09:17 μμ
 :haha2:  You guys rock !!!

c1.0.gif[/img][/url]

Offline Ramona

• οδηγός τρίκυκλου
Reply #259 on: Δευτέρα 27 Απρίλιος 2015, 21:19:22 μμ

From Kardamyli we planned on reaching Cape Tenaro the same day. Impossible task as it was pretty late in the afternoon and we also had to stop for gas and some grocery shopping.

Going for Cape Tenaro on the west coast, we stopped for the night on a remote beach near Mezapos. Beautiful, with white gravel and green/blue water. Too bad it was a bit cold outside for a bath.

The next morning we were determined to reach Cape Tenaro and we almost did. Even if we didn’t actually went by foot to the Lighthouse, again not enough time, the southern part of the “leg”  was great seen from above and the water so inviting, was hard to keep everyone away from it, as we had a long way to go.

Next point of interest was the Diros Cave and we were in a big hurry to get to it. On our return we took the road on the coastline and we also passed through Vathia. I forgot to say how much we loved the architecture of the Peloponnese.

Again, we were very excited to take a ride, on a boat this time, through the Diros Cave and it was beautiful and interesting.

But soon we were on our way back to Taygetos.

It seems like the guys fell in love with the tracks here and can’t get enough of them. This time we tried the road from Sparti to Anavryti, going up. It was great fun and awesome view once we got up.

Then we continued our route to the Parnonas Mountains. The weather changed and a bit of rain started falling. It was a bit late, and cold and now rainy. It was almost night time when we reached the  katafigio Parnonos and we were on a hury to put our tents up and get warmer clothes on.
The night was not that warm, but I had learned my lesson in Morocco’s mountains, so I had 3 pairs of socks on and almost all the clothes I had with me, I was fiiiine.

We were all happy to go back to the sea, no matter the beauty of the mountain tracks, at least in the first moments of the morning.

Fotis had recommended us the road to Kiparissi as being very beautiful and we took this detour and we did not feel sorry about it. Breathtaking again. We enjoyed the coast and had a coffee on Kiparissi before going back on the beautiful road, this time going up.

Now we had to reach Monemvasia. So the road took us up on the mountain and down on the coastline, and so on all day long. It was great.
1h to see the beautiful city on the rocks and then we’re back on track.

At home we found this place, in the south, near Valtaki where there should be some fossil trees, million years old. We really want to see them.
In the evening we pass Valtaki. On our left we have the sea, on our right we have these beautiful cliffs and a field of rocks detached from the mountain. And then we arrive. The fossil trees. Really amazing formations. I don’t know if they were trees or something else, but they do like like trees.

Here, me and Alex slept outside in our sleeping bags. It was a bit windy, but beautiful. In front of us we had the sea with ships sailing in the night, above we  had the clear sky and the stars, at the back we had a tall mountain with a big black cloud on top. It was just the perfect place to be.

When the morning came we were a bit disappointed that we had to go. I really didn’t want to ever leave, but all good things come to an end. If we can look at the bright part it was one last, but full day.

Back to the north! But not before going to see the old underwater town of Pavlo Petri, on the Pounta beach. We knew that it is probably very difficult to see something as it is really underwater, but you can’t really see anything from the shore. We looked around for an hour, talked to some local people and they explained you have to go underwater, oh well  :-[

At least we had some fun. Looking for the town we got on this lake bed at Pounta beach, were the guys underestimated the slippery mud, so the result was 4 bikes packed together, each on a side.

From here we ride back to Taygetos, again to try and reach the Rindomo gorge, the narrow canyon we couldn’t find in our first day with Fotis. But riding to Gythio we just saw a shipwreck on our left. Immediately we turned around and went for it. It was exciting. We did not knew how famous it was. It was the first shipwreck I ever saw. Very interesting.

We continued our adventure with a flat tire on a long road full of orange orchards. It was heaven and it smelled divine.
Later, back on the road we took the same path we did at the start of the week with Fotis. Through Taygetos and to Kardamyli and it was just as beautiful as the first time.

Just above Kardamyli our group split in two. 4 of us stayed behind to fix Maca’s many flat tires (after the one in the orange orchard he had 3 more, that day) and the others went to find Rindomo gorge. Me and Alex were in the second group.

We even had some offroad on the rocks bonus track for the participants.

And then, finally, the road that took us to the canyon. It was great.

We found Rindomo gorge late in afternoon and went on foot until we reached his bottom and through it for a while. A deep narrow passage with steep rocky walls and big boulders washed by temporary flows of water. So beautiful and imposing.

But once we reached its bottom, it was only me, Alex, Sebi and Sergiu. We had lost another 3 members if the gang. We left the bikes a bit earlier then Gabi, and he never showed up down on the gorge. It seems that just and we left he noticed Sebi had a flat tire. So Gabi and his wife Dana changed it for him. Ralu also got lost taking pictures and went to the bikes at one point.

As we returned from the gorge the girls were all covered in oil and Gabi had almost finished changing the tire. We were happy. So no more delays. It was already evening.

On the way back we stopped for some olive oil at a small country shop and then we continued to Kalamata.
Because it was already nighttime when we arrived at Kalamata we decided not to continue to Kiparissia until the morning, Sergiu had no front light anyway and it wouldn’t have been too safe for him.

Pretty difficult to find a spot to camp near a city, we thought, and in the dark of the night. We took the road to the sea and just drove along the beach for a while. Soon we saw a trailer park which looked abandoned, but it wasn’t. Some nice older people were camping there and in a perfect English, although they had Greek plate numbers on their homecars, assured us it was safe to sleep in the park and that we should camp really close to them. They were very nice and friendly.

This is where we spent our final night, sleeping in a park, on a beach in Kalamata. Me and Alex slept outside again with some cool dogs)
Last coffee on the gas stove in the parc, another flat tire on the road to Kiparissia and by 11am we were all back at Kostas preparing our cars, this time, for the long journey back to Romania.

Kostas seemed happy to see us :D We gave him some “tuica” as goodbye, alcohol made from plums by my father, and he gave us as gift, olive oil made by him and his family from the orchard and lemons. All delicious, I can assure you.

I wish we didn’t have to leave so soon, we all did. It was a great week. Peloponnese is so beautiful! Everyone we met was nice and friendly, and our hosts were just amazing nice to us and made us feel so welcomed. Thank you very very much to Kostas and Fotis and their families, from all of us.

We are hopeful in a return to Peloponnese someday. Until then, we are waiting for you guys in Romania. If anyone ever finds its way to Cluj-Napoca, Romania we are more than happy to share some rides and share our home with you.
Big hug from everyone!!!
Thank you!

Ramona.

Some more photos here. In process of getting a selection from everyone going. Still missing a lot :D

Thank you Patri and Luci for photos!

https://plus.google.com/photos/101606901800994050233/albums/6141983245799905105?authkey=CN__04TvsK_hrAE

Missing a photo of Kostas on the bike ;) With us!

« Last Edit: Δευτέρα 27 Απρίλιος 2015, 21:31:41 μμ by Ramona »

Offline KostasC

• Administrator
  • Rossi και πάνω !
  • Γαβ !
    • HTC
Reply #260 on: Δευτέρα 27 Απρίλιος 2015, 22:26:42 μμ
just a quick response to Ramona's story...

AWESOME PHOTOS ...make us feeling proud for our home, and so happy you enjoyed your trip that much.
Thank you for sharing with us.
 :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:

Offline XLGeorge

• Rossi και πάνω !
  • XLV650, CRF1000
Reply #261 on: Δευτέρα 27 Απρίλιος 2015, 22:52:15 μμ
Beautiful pictures but also excellent, involved and to the point narration of the descent and conquering of Peloponnese by Ramona, very well done Romanian colleagues!  :eusa_clap:

" the PouroDuro spirit "

Offline Sotos

• Global Moderator
  • Rossi και πάνω !
Reply #262 on: Τρίτη 28 Απρίλιος 2015, 08:17:02 πμ
Words are not enough for your photos, the feelings you pass through your words, and my friends Fotis and Kostas!

I am very proud  for our community!

Dad to the bone!     Σωτήρης   -   GSA -       b 82.144km

Offline fotisalp

• Μέλος ΗTC
  • Rossi και πάνω !
Reply #263 on: Τρίτη 28 Απρίλιος 2015, 15:39:55 μμ
Ramona your travel story is magical! You are a natural talent! The photos are also magnificent!  :eusa_clap:

It is very touching for us to see our beautiful country through your eyes, your experiences, your senses and feelings. That's why us Greeks are known for our hospitality: we love our land, nature and culture and it is an unshelfish love, we want to share it! And it makes us very happy when foreign friends cherish this wonderful corner of the World.

I really hope we will meet again someday, for a new adventure. You are a wonderful fellowship, joyfull, adventurous, efficient in dealing with any difficulty, you really know how to seize the day...How to seize Life!

Take care and give greetings to everybody

Offline fotisalp

• Μέλος ΗTC
  • Rossi και πάνω !
Reply #264 on: Τρίτη 28 Απρίλιος 2015, 15:51:58 μμ

Offline KostasC

• Administrator
  • Rossi και πάνω !
  • Γαβ !
    • HTC
Reply #265 on: Τρίτη 26 Απρίλιος 2016, 10:54:16 πμ

Offline Sotos

• Global Moderator
  • Rossi και πάνω !
Reply #266 on: Τρίτη 26 Απρίλιος 2016, 11:26:34 πμ
hard core stuff!

Dad to the bone!     Σωτήρης   -   GSA -       b 82.144km

Offline fotisalp

• Μέλος ΗTC
  • Rossi και πάνω !
Reply #267 on: Τρίτη 26 Απρίλιος 2016, 15:44:07 μμ
Good job guys! Cheers!

Offline Καψιώτης....

• Μέλος HTC
  • Rossi και πάνω !
Reply #268 on: Τετάρτη 27 Απρίλιος 2016, 06:48:48 πμ
Τους βγάζω το καπέλο!!!
Καλό Πάσχα!!!

Αγάλια-αγάλια, ντραϊλίζουμι....

Offline Ramona

• οδηγός τρίκυκλου
Reply #269 on: Παρασκευή 13 Μάιος 2016, 16:12:03 μμ
Few photos from our friends in Romania

https://plus.google.com/109488999625160549147/posts/ZmnpU5dZjPU

Kostas, Fotis hello! And hello to everybody else!

Long time no see. I hope you guys are alright :) Tell me you plan on coming to Romania also. We have some awesome tracks for you.
Thank you again for your appreciation and for being so kind to us, we talk pretty often of you guys and our time in Peloponnese with our friends.

This year we spent the Easter in Montenegro and Albania with the same gang of friends and it was awesome, but we missed the orange flowers!

I want to ask if I could get some help sending a message to someone from the forum, because I keep sending it and it stills looks like I have no message sent.

Jon t please write me an email at ramona.ienciu@gmail.com if you haven't receive my response. Or is it alright if I post the info you requested here?

In the meantime here I have some pictures from Kirghistan (where Alex went without me, because 3 weeks from our trip I fractured my kneecap riding a bicycle :)). This summer hopefully we will go together.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/+RamonaIenciu/albums/6200756391354201569

Please let me know if you plan on visiting us. We will be very happy!

Much love to everybody and thank you again for everything!

Offline KostasC

• Administrator
  • Rossi και πάνω !
  • Γαβ !
    • HTC
Reply #270 on: Παρασκευή 13 Μάιος 2016, 16:41:39 μμ
Hi Ramona.
Glad to see you here !
Concerning the message to Jon t, i've already forward it to him.
Maybe Jon t would like to share the message content, it's up to him (or you  ;) ).

unfortunately we are (me and Fotis) not coming to Romania.  It would be great to see you there and ride some kms at
Romanian Forests... hope in the near future we can make it.

Your photos-trips are AWESOME ! keep it like this !

image sharing for those bored to click above !!!

Offline Lan2

• οδηγός τρίκυκλου
Reply #271 on: Τρίτη 19 Δεκέμβριος 2017, 11:55:55 πμ
Greetings from Sunny Siberia! ;)
 Found the link to your forum on our website Russian TransAlpers. My name is Alexander, my girlfriend and I are planning to visit you this summer. Yet we plan our trip. What months is it too hot? What better date to choose for a comfortable ride on the bike. What city or place should put in priority? My girlfriend works in tourism and has been several times for work in your country, she loved. While we have the priority of Thessaloniki. But I would like to see more wild places where there are too many buses with tourists ;D. Take a ride on a really beautiful roads and see the country from the inside. 

I apologize in advance for my English :-[

PS Very unusual when you register on the forum to see the Greek captcha  ??? ;D ;D

Offline fotisalp

• Μέλος ΗTC
  • Rossi και πάνω !
Reply #272 on: Τρίτη 19 Δεκέμβριος 2017, 16:22:18 μμ
Greetings from Sunny Siberia! ;)

Greetings to you too from cloudy Greece!

What months is it too hot?

Between  15 June and 30 August is the usual period that it can get very hot for some days, especially in central and Southern  Greece. It also depends on where you want to ride. If you want to ride in Nothern Greek mountains then it' s never too hot!

What better date to choose for a comfortable ride on the bike.
For Southern Greece I would say April and May. For Nothern Greece it's May-June and even July.

What city or place should put in priority? My girlfriend works in tourism and has been several times for work in your country, she loved. While we have the priority of Thessaloniki. But I would like to see more wild places where there are too many buses with tourists ;D. Take a ride on a really beautiful roads and see the country from the inside. 

How much time can you spend riding in Greece? 5-15-25 days? Will you have knobby tires or street tires? Will you be using a tent?

Offline Lan2

• οδηγός τρίκυκλου
Reply #273 on: Τρίτη 19 Δεκέμβριος 2017, 17:44:30 μμ
- How much time can you spend riding in Greece? 5-15-25 days? Will you have knobby tires or street tires? Will you be using a tent?

Not able to quote text, sorry. I think we will have from 5 to 10 days to Greece. If we get very quickly, even 15, but it's unlikely. We travel with a tent, but sometimes stay in hotels or hostels.

Offline Lan2

• οδηγός τρίκυκλου
Reply #274 on: Τρίτη 19 Δεκέμβριος 2017, 17:48:52 μμ
Road tires are Pireli Scorpion, but maybe take and MITAS off-road if needed