Hellas Transalp Forum

O Marc Coma αποσύρεται από την ενεργό δράση

African Boy · 5406

Offline African Boy

• Τhe Professional
  • Rossi και πάνω !
    • eGeorgalas
on: Πέμπτη 09 Ιούλιος 2015, 13:24:08 μμ

Δεν τον αποκαλούν τυχαία "Βασιλιά του Ντακάρ".

Η πέμπτη του νίκη στο Ντακάρ της Νότιας Αμερικής έμελλε να είναι και η τελευταία του.

Η πρώτη του επαφή με τις ερήμου του Ντακάρ ήταν με ένα Suzuki, ωστόσο ο θρύλος του χτίστηκε στη σέλα της ΚΤΜ, με την οποία πήρε όλες τις νίκες του.

Μετά από μια θρυλική καριέρα, ο μεγάλος Ισπανός πρωταθλητής ανακοίνωσε πως δε θα ξανατρέξει σε αγώνα Ράλι, αναλαμβάνοντας θέση στη διοργάνωση του Dakar.

Γεννημένος στη Βαρκελώνη, ο Ισπανός αναβάτης στα 38 του χρόνια έχει τρέξει σε 12 Ράλι Dakar κερδίζοντας 5 φορές (2006, 2009, 2011, 2014, 2015) και τερματίζοντας άλλες δύο δεύτερος πίσω από τον μεγάλο του αντίπαλο Cyril Despres. Παράλληλα έχει κατακτήσει 6 φορές το Παγκόσμιο Πρωτάθλημα Cross Country, αγώνας του οποίου είναι και το Dakar.

Όπως ανακοίνωσε ο ίδιος πριν μερικές μέρες, αποφάσισε να σταματήσει τους αγώνες και, παρά τα κατά καιρούς δημοσιεύματα περί του αντιθέτου, δεν σκοπεύει να τρέξει στο Dakar του 2016 για τελευταία φορά.

Σε αντίθεση μάλιστα με πολλούς συναδέλφους του, δεν έχει κανέναν απολύτως σκοπό να δοκιμάσει ούτε με αυτοκίνητο. Θα παραμείνει όμως κοντά στον χώρο που τον έκανε διάσημο και πετυχημένο, καθώς αναλαμβάνει τη θέση του Dakar Sporting Director.

Αν μη τι άλλο έχει όλα τα προσόντα για τη δουλειά, γνωρίζοντας από πρώτο χέρι τις ανάγκες των αναβατών, αλλά και όλες τις ιδιαιτερότητες του Dakar - στο οποίο συμμετέχει από την εποχή που ο θρυλικός αγώνας τερμάτιζε στην κυριολεξία στο Dakar της Σενεγάλης, στην Αφρική.

Απολαύστε ένα σύντομο αφιέρωμα στον πρόσφατο θρίαμβο του Coma στο Dakar 2015.

https://youtu.be/dwSCS0LOxH4

Ο Coma θα παραμείνει στον χώρο που αγάπησε, πλέον ως Sporting Director του Dakar.

Πηγή

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass.... it's about learning how to dance in the rain"
"Africa Twin XRV750 RD07A"

Offline African Boy

• Τhe Professional
  • Rossi και πάνω !
    • eGeorgalas
Reply #1 on: Πέμπτη 09 Ιούλιος 2015, 13:28:54 μμ
Και ποιά θα είναι στην  θέση του ξέρετε....... ? ? ?

Μα φυσικά το αγαπημένο μου κορίτισι...........  ;D                 L A I A - S A N Z

Laia Sanz Signs with KTM Through 2017

Laia Sanz is the 2015 Dakar female champion, and she has multiple other enduro and trial accolades to her name. However, it looks like she is looking forward to upping her game, as the Spanish media informs that Sanz has just signed a deal with Austrian manufacturer KTM.

Some might say that this is a blow for the HRC team, given the open rivalry between Honda and KTM. Sanz herself says that she decided in favor of the house of Mattighofen for reasons strictly related to sport.

Two more Dakar rallies plus X-Games and the World Rally Championship ahead

Thirteen times world champion trial and three times enduro world champion, Laia Sanz will wear the KTM factory livery through 2017. Her contract includes Dakar 2016 and 2017, the 2015, 2016 and 2017 World Women's Enduro championships, the X-Games and several rounds in the World Rally Championship.

Sanz declined to offer further information as to what led to her separation from Honda. She only added that the idea of having a factory racing superstructure such as KTM's behind her feels extremely enticing and provides confidence and reassuring vibes.

She also mentions that being able to learn from off-road racing stars, such as Marc Coma and Ivan Cervantes is also a major bonus for her choice. Sanz also adds that Honda has offered her all the support, both in a technical and economic way to retain her, but the decision to join the KTM team was already made.

Laia Sanz was the second Honda that finished the 2015 Dakar in the top 10. Her team mate Paulo Goncalves was second overall while Sanz was 9th.

As for KTM, the maker celebrates 10 years since the first time when all three Enduro titles went orange, thanks to Spaniard Ivan Cervantes, Samuli Aro from Finland, and British rider David Knight. Their dominance was so overwhelming that they didn't even need any points in the final round of 2005.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass.... it's about learning how to dance in the rain"

Offline African Boy

• Τhe Professional
  • Rossi και πάνω !
    • eGeorgalas
Reply #2 on: Πέμπτη 09 Ιούλιος 2015, 13:33:18 μμ
Και από την επίσημη σελίδα της

Sixteen times world champion, Laia Sanz, has signed a contract with KTM until at least 2017. The contract includes the World Women's Enduro championship, the X-Games and some rounds in the World Rally Championship.
“Sports is all there is behind my choice.”
“I thank Honda for all the opportunities I had.”

Once the contractual relation with Honda HRC expired and she was free of contractual obligations at the end of Rally Dakar 2015, Laia Sanz has sealed a deal with KTM Motorsports to immediately be part of the KTM Factory Rally Team.

The deal between the Austrian motorcycle manufacturer and the sixteen times world champion will bring them together at least until the end of 2017 and includes Dakar 2016 and 2017, the 2015, 2016 and 2017 World Women's Enduro championships, the X-Games and several rounds in the World Rally Championship.

Laia Sanz: “After giving it a lot of thought, I’ve decided to start a new stage and I’m thrilled about it. Sports is all there is behind my choice. I really like KTM project because I can run races and receive a good training with a reliable factory structure that gives me peace of mind. KTM’s good conditions offered for the World Enduro championship and being able to learn from champions such as Marc Coma and Iván Cervantes tilted the balance in their favour. For me, this environment will be of great help. I am happy and thankful for their confidence and I only wish to give them good results in return.”

“I have grown as a racer with Honda. I appreciate all the opportunities I had. I close this period of my career with great joy because I can shake hands with the people I used to work with.  During the past weeks, Honda executives have offered me good sports, technical and financial conditions to stay. I am aware of how valuable this is but I’d already made my mind.”

“I want to thank not only the brand but also the people at Honda who trusted and supported me, especially Johnny Campbell, Katsumi Yamazaki, Martino Bianchi, Hide Hanawa, Albert Cavero, Egidio Motta, Filippo Gioia, the Mecteam guys, HRC Japanese technicians and my partner Helder Rodrigues.”

The Enduro GP of Spain, which will be held from 8 to 10 May in Jerez, will be Laia Sanz’s first international competition with KTM.

Offline African Boy

• Τhe Professional
  • Rossi και πάνω !
    • eGeorgalas
Reply #3 on: Πέμπτη 09 Ιούλιος 2015, 13:46:51 μμ